At Yardleys School we pride ourselves on high standards and are always mindful
that we are representing our local community at all times. As such, we would like to remind students and
parents/guardians of our expectations regarding school uniform. In order to help you ensure that you are purchasing the correct uniform for your son/daughter,
we have also produced a detailed illustration of what is and what is not acceptable uniform at Yardleys
1. Black school blazer with Yardleys School badge. Blazer sleeves should not be rolled up or folded over.
2. Plain black skirt or trousers (not black jeans, skin-tight trousers, hipsters etc.). Please note that skirts
should be of an appropriate length (not significantly above the knee or below the ankle) and should not be
skin tight. If a skirt is worn, trousers/leggings should not be worn underneath. Belts should be plain black
with no logo on the buckle.
3. Plain white blouse or shirt. T-Shirts of any description are not acceptable.
4. Clip on Yardleys School tie. NB The clip must be attached; ties with clips removed must be replaced.
5. Plain knit black v-neck pullover with Yardleys School badge, this is optional. Cardigans or alternative
pullovers are not permitted.
6. Plain black leather shoes - not boots, high heels, canvas shoes or trainers (plain black trainers are not
7. Headscarves should be the official Yardleys School headscarf.
8. School bags should be the official Yardleys School school bag.
9. Jewellery should be minimal and plain. Facial piercings are not allowed and the only earrings permitted are
10. Fashion belts/brightly coloured belts are not permitted.
11. Socks should be plain black, grey or white.
12. Hairstyles must not be extreme and hair should be a natural colour.
13. Makeup is not allowed, students who are found to be wearing makeup will be asked to remove it.
14. Baseball caps and hooded tops/training tops should not be worn at school, or on the journey to or from
15. Coats/jackets should be plain in design and should not be tracksuit tops/training tops
The three main uniform suppliers for the Yardleys’ uniform are; Clive Mark; Mansuri Schoolwear
and Midland Schoolwear.
We have found that items of appropriate school uniform can be purchased at a reasonable price
from major supermarkets such as Asda and Tesco. However, should you have any queries regarding
the acceptability of an item of uniform please contact your child’s Head of Year before making a
It is vitally important to us that our students arrive at school looking smart and ready to learn. With
this in mind, we would like to thank parents/guardians for their support in ensuring that the highest
standards are kept at Yardleys School.