Please click HERE to see our Uniform Policy
At Yardleys School we pride ourselves on high standards and are always mindful that we are representing our local community at all times. As such, we would like to remind students and parents/guardians of our expectations regarding school uniform. In order to help you ensure that you are purchasing the correct uniform for your son/daughter, we have also produced a detailed illustration of what is and what is not acceptable uniform at Yardleys School.
1. Black school blazer with Yardleys School badge. Blazer sleeves should not be rolled up or folded over.
2. Plain black skirt or trousers (not black jeans, skin-tight trousers, hipsters etc.). Please note that skirts should be of an appropriate length (not significantly above the knee or below the ankle) and should not be skin tight. If a skirt is worn, trousers/leggings should not be worn underneath. Belts should be plain black with no logo on the buckle.
3. Plain white blouse or shirt. T-Shirts of any description are not acceptable.
4. Clip on Yardleys School tie. NB The clip must be attached; ties with clips removed must be replaced.
5. Plain knit black v-neck pullover with Yardleys School badge, this is optional. Cardigans or alternative pullovers are not permitted.
6. Plain black leather shoes - not boots, high heels, canvas shoes or trainers (plain black trainers are not allowed).
7. Headscarves should be the official Yardleys School headscarf.
8. School bags should be the official Yardleys School school bag.
9. Jewellery should be minimal and plain. Facial piercings are not allowed and the only earrings permitted are studs/sleepers.
10. Fashion belts/brightly coloured belts are not permitted.
11. Socks should be plain black, grey or white.
12. Hairstyles must not be extreme and hair should be a natural colour.
13. Makeup is not allowed, students who are found to be wearing makeup will be asked to remove it.
14. Baseball caps and hooded tops/training tops should not be worn at school, or on the journey to or from school.
15. Coats/jackets should be plain in design and should not be tracksuit tops/training tops
The three main uniform suppliers for the Yardleys’ uniform are; Clive Mark; Mansuri Schoolwear and Midland Schoolwear.
We have found that items of appropriate school uniform can be purchased at a reasonable price from major supermarkets such as Asda and Tesco. However, should you have any queries regarding the acceptability of an item of uniform please contact your child’s Head of Year before making a purchase. It is vitally important to us that our students arrive at school looking smart and ready to learn. With this in mind, we would like to thank parents/guardians for their support in ensuring that the highest standards are kept at Yardleys School.
All pupils have one indoor and one outdoor lesson in a week. All students are expected to wear uniform as follows:
Girls Boys White Polo shirt with school logo Green/Black reversible football/rugby top Black tracksuit bottoms with white stripe down leg Black shorts Black micro fleece long-sleeved top with school logo Green/yellow striped socks Black leggings with school logo Black tracksuit bottoms with white pinstripe down leg Black/green half zip top with school logo Trainers White socks Trainers
Students need to have the following:
- School bag with the school logo on
- Knowledge Organiser Pack
- Scientific calculator
- Pencil Case (2 black pens, 2 red pens, 2 pencils, rubber, sharpener, ruler)