Information for Parents
- Parent Information
- Latest letters to Parents
Latest letters to Parents
- Covid-19 Information
- Quick Links
At Yardleys School we understand that parents may be nervous about sending their students to school and we are sympathetic to these concerns. However, as a school we have taken numerous measures to ensure that all students and staff are kept as safe as possible whilst at school.
We would also like to would also like to direct you towards the
#YouveBeenMissed resources at https://bwc.nhs.uk/youve-been-missed/
These resources have been created to support pupils, parents, carers and educational professionals in assisting young people return to school following a period of time away from school, including the Covid-19 pandemic. A series of webinars are being held by the team over the coming weeks, but you can also access resources beyond the webinars on the same website.
The safety measures we have taken at school include:
- Each year group having different starts and finish times to their school day.
- Each year group having their own designated area for eating and socialising during their break and lunchtimes, ensuring at no time they come into contact with other year groups.
- Restricting student movement around the school. In Years 7 and 8, students are taught all of their lessons in the same classroom and in Years 9 – 11, students only move to a new classroom for their options subjects (a relatively small percentage of their lessons).
- Providing hand sanitiser and tissues in every classroom and at various other places around school, including school entrances.
- Having an on-site cleaner, routinely cleaning common touch points and toilets around the school.
- Allowing students to wear masks in lessons and around the school.
- Providing members of staff with PPE to protect students and staff.
- Enforcing a strict policy that no student or member of staff can attend school if they display Covid-19 symptoms and only allowing a return to school upon the receipt of a negative Covid-19 test or after 14 days self-isolation.
Head of year 7
- Parent Info